Stuffed Pasta Shells: Next time switch the cheese

I am a lucky woman. I have fabulous friends, family and most everything else in between. (Don't worry, some stuff is the pits, but mostly I am happy). Part of the reason I am so happy is the guy I am married to is pretty much fabulous. And being married to him has some lovely perks.
 Perk #1: Grandpa
If you are hungry and at the grandparents house all you have to do is look hungry and there is Grandpa with a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie he baked especially for you. (OK, it might be true that having a pie baked just because it is my favorite is a perk that I share with no one).  But really, if you are needing something to eat you will find it in that little kitchen. And it ALWAYS tastes amazing. Soups, Desserts, Veggies, Breakfast. All yummy. And as much and I try to copy and learn his tricks I think that it will just come with practice; so I am practicing.
 Lucky for all of you.

One thing that I have learned in practicing is that maybe I don't really love Ricotta Cheese as much as I thought I did. I always thought it was so yummy but now Im just not sure. And that is my only complaint about this next recipe. I think that the Ricotta needs to be substituted for a different cheese. maybe Feta? I'm making a note of this so that next time I prepare it I will remember to switch the cheese to find out if it has improved or not. Because really, Practice makes Perfect. I'm on my way. 



Stuffed Pasta Shells
12 cups of Water
1 1/2 tsp of Salt
16 Jumbo Pasta Shells

2 Tbsp of Hard Margarine or Butter
1/2 cup of Chopped Onion
1 Garlic Clove, minced

1 Tbsp of Water
1 large Egg Fork Beaten
1 10oz box of Chopped Frozen Spinach thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup of Ricotta Cheese (or Feta perhaps?)
1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup of Mozzarella Cheese

Boil your Water and Salt. Add Pasta Shells. Boil uncovered 12-15 minutes. When cooked, drain and return to same pot.

Heat Margarine in a small frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion soft and fragrant. approx 10 minutes.

Pour second amount of water into an ungreased casserole dish (I used a cake pan). Combine next 6 ingredients i a medium bowl. Add onion mixture. Stir. Spoon about 2 Tbsp into each pasta shell. Arrange in a single layer in prepared baking dish.

Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Cover with Foil. bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minuted before serving. Eat and enjoy!

Click Here





No comments:

Post a Comment