Stuffed Zucchini; So So Good!

I have an Aunt who is a fabulous cook (not that the rest of my aunts are not fabulous cooks). We all know she is a great cook and everyone knows it. If I call my mom and she can't remember a recipe or how to do something in the kitchen she will tell me she will ask my Aunt and call me back. 

One day I got a package in the mail from my mom for my birthday. It was a really great package. Wondering what was in it? A book. A cookbook. My Aunts recipes all put into a cookbook. I immediately sat down and started thumbing through it. I already knew that the recipes would be delicious; well I suspected they would be and I was right. In over 2 years I have yet to use a recipe from my aunts book that we haven't all loved. 

Not to long ago we had some friends for dinner (sort of...we actually had the better end of the deal, they brought dinner to us). So the main dish was provided but I needed some sort of salad and a vegetable. I decided to see what my aunt had for ideas and I found a really yummy one on page 100 (for those of you who are lucky enough to have a copy of the book); Stuffed Zucchini. So So Good!

Stuffed Zucchini

4 Small to Medium Zucchini (Have I mentioned before that Zucchini is one of my all time favorite vegetables?)
2 Small Onions, chopped
1/2cup of Chopped Mushrooms
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Clove of Garlic (or 1 tsp if you are using pre-chopped garlic)
3/4 -1cup of bread crumbs
2 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
1/2 tsp of Italian Herbs or 1 Tbsp of fresh Dill (I used the Italian Herbs)
1/2 - 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Saute onions and mushrooms int butter until limp. Cut off ends of zucchini. Cut in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4" thick shell. Dice pulp and save (should have 1 cup). Place shells in a 8" square baking dish. Cook shells for 1 minute in the microwave (I skipped this step and the end result was still great). Add pulp, garlic, crumbs, parmesea and seasonings to onion mixture. Stir. Fill shells. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minuted or until borwned. Sprinkle shredded cheese and bake until melted. Serve.

Use this one with guests, They will love it and it looks pretty impressive (or I thought it did). Just make sure to share, even if you don't want to!

Click Here






No comments:

Post a Comment