Virginia's Delicious Cranberry Muffins

This is not my favorite day. Isn't it terrible to wake up to crying kids? Especially when they cry all day about everything? Ugh! But, I am going to post this recipe anyway because it is DELICIOUS and then I'm going to take a mental break and hope that when I'm done my kids will be wonderful, sweet and fun again. Think it will work?

My Cousin-in-law (is that who you are?) sent me this recipe, well, she sent me her modification of this recipe and I gave it a try the other day and they turned out so good. They are moist; just sweet enough; and actually, already almost all gone. They were a hit around here and I think they will be in anyones family.


Virginia's Delicious Cranberry Muffins
(the original recipe came from Company's Coming, this though is Virginia's version)

2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
4 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Salt

Measure into a large bowl. Make a well in the center.

2 Large Eggs (beat until frothy)
1/4 cup of Cooking Oil
1/2 cup of Milk
1 can of Whole Cranberry Sauce (I'm not a cranberry sauce person but in this recipe YUM)

Mix above ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just to moisten. Batter will be lumpy. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Topping 
(I didn't do this on all the muffins, and though it makes them sparkle and look pretty it really isn't necessary for flavor)

Brush hot muffin tops with margarine. Sprinkle with white sugar



Click Here




No comments:

Post a Comment