Sweet Potato Fries with Curried Mayonnaise

Just now, when I opened my binder of Favorite Recipes I could smell this delicious side dish. Good thing I have some in my refrigerator left over from last night that I can eat now that I'm craving them. 

I have a friend from home who has this amazing ability only to pass on the easiest and tastiest recipes ever. Ever. Every recipe that she has ever given me has turned out fantastic. This recipe is one that she passed to me. I knew it was going to be great though when I saw it was a "Canadian Living"  "tested till perfect" recipe. If you are ever looking for a no fail recipe, Canadian Living has a ton of "tested till perfect" recipes that are indeed tested till perfect. 

So try these Sweet Potato Fries. easy, fast, and delicious. 
(Oh, I know that you can now buy Sweet Potato Fries frozen at the grocery store, and to be honest, I can't compare them as I've never tried them, but I can tell you that these ones are yummy. Also, in my experience, nothing much compares to homemade.)


Sweet Potato Fries with Curry Mayonnaise

2 Sweet Potatoes (try to find the straightest ones you can)
2 Egg Whites 
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tsp each of Ground Cumin and Paprika
1/2 tsp each of Salt and Pepper


Peel potatoes; trim ends and sides to create rectangles. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices; cut each lengthwise into 1/2 -inch (1 cm) wide strips. 



In large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy (I threw the egg whites into my Magic Bullet Blender and they were frothy in no time)

Whisk in oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. (I mix these right into a large Ziploc Bag, then when I add the potatoes I can just seal it and shake. fast, easy and mess free.)


Add potatoes, tossing to coat. Spread on 2 parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheets. (You MUST buy some parchment paper if you don't already have some. I use it for everything to avoid clean up)


Bake in top and bottom thirds of 425°F (220°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until tender and edges are browned and crisp.

Curry Mayonnaise

1/2 cup light mayonnaise (I NEVER use light mayonnaise)
1 tsp  lime juice
1/4 tsp  curry paste (I used to buy Curry Paste for this recipe but I couldn't get through it fast enough. I now just use a Curry Spice. We find that the flavor is the same.)

In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice and curry paste; serve with potatoes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.


2 comments:

  1. Liz, add 1 tsp of cinnamon and ginger and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to your spices and you have TJ and My fav. yam fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britt! I will add those next time! I would never have thought to mix cinnamon and ginger

    ReplyDelete