Who Really Needs Chicken? Honey Mustard Tofu Wraps

Well, I do.

I really, really like chicken...but this Honey Mustard Tofu Wrap recipe really makes me think I could do without chicken forever. This is a fabulous recipe for Meat Eaters. It was so good and delicious that I even got away with telling my 2 year old slightly picky son that he was eating chicken. I know. Low. But he ate his entire wrap and didn't ask about the "chicken" again. I probably could have gotten away with deceiving other males at the table but I had already written "Honey Mustard Tofu Wraps" on the menu board earlier in the week.  

So...if you are looking to eat more vegetarian but others aren't so sure, try this one out!

This recipe was actually for chicken but I decided to try and pan fry some tofu (thanks Christina!) and it worked out perfectly. 

 I didn't get a picture of these, so how about one of the picky 2 year old?


Honey Mustard Tofu Wraps

1 package of Extra Firm Tofu, cubed
1/2 cup of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs or Shake 'n Bake (I used the bread crumbs)
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil

Heat your oil in a frying pan on medium high heat (If your oil is too hot or too cool the frying process wont work.)

Your Tofu needs to be coated in the bread crumbs. I pulled out one of my favorite kitchen tools for this job; The Large Ziploc Bag. Place cubed Tofu and Bread Crumbs into the bag. Seal and shake gently until everything is coated. Pan Fry your tofu until each side is browned. Set aside.

4 Tbsp of Light Mayonnaise (You guys all know that I didn't use light, but you can I guess) 
2 tsp of Mustard
2 tsp of Honey
2 tsp of Lemon Juice

2 cups of Shredded Lettuce
1 Tomato, diced

Combine the first 4 ingredients. (My honey was starting to crystallize so I mixed this in my Magic Bullet) 
You now have your sauce. 

Grab your wrap, throw on some diced Tomato, lettuce, tofu and drizzle it with your honey mustard sauce. Wrap and Eat!

Delicious!

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment