Marinara Sauce

This recipe is from The Italian Chef and is super easy and delicious.

Marinara Sauce

1/4 cup of Olive Oil
4 cloves of Garlic (I know sounds potent. I love garlic)
1 35oz can of Tomatoes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 Basil leaves, washed, patted dry, and chopped (I used dry and it turned out great)

1: Place garlic and olive oil in a large sauce pan

2: Turn heat to medium and cook until garlic is soft and lightly browned.

3: Crush tomatoes and and add with their juices (I threw this in my magic bullet and purred until smooth)

4: Fill empty tomato can 1/4 of the way with water and add to tomatoes. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste,

5: Bring to boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, approximately 20-25 minutes. Add chopped basil at the very end, stir in and cook for 1 minute more.

No comments:

Post a Comment