Teeny Weeny BEANY Burritos


Once upon a time, forever ago, I lived next door to 3 adorable little girls. I would go over and babysit and enjoy all of the girly perks that 3 small brothers didn't offer me; nail painting, dress-up and princess movies. Well, these adorable little girls went and did something terrible. They grew. And grew. And now they are old, which as you can probably guess makes me old too. BOO. I last saw them over a year ago and they were beautiful, and sweet and old enough to be babysitting my children. All of this growing kind of kills me a little. Well, anyway, the little girl who was stuck in the middle somehow got this recipe from the Chefs at NAIT (but don't ask me how). 

This meal was BRILLIANT! Super fast, delicious, and healthy. So So So good. I really appreciated the simple fast meal yesterday when at 2:00pm I decided to turn our kitchen into a sewing room, When we were ready to eat I still had a monster mess and was not ready to pack it all in. I ended up shoving everything in a corner whipping this meal up (and I mean it, it was so whip-able) and getting everyone fed 15 minutes later.

This is a recipe I will always keep the ingredients for on hand when I am in a rush and want something quick, and yummy. Thanks Girls for sending it my way.

Teeny Weeny Beany Burritos 
(I changed the name from Teeny Weeny Bean Burritos. I couldn't resist)

1-10 oz can of kidney beans 284 ml
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp butter
8 small tortillas (I used the regular size, so really our burritos weren't Teeny Weeny at all)
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
Prep: 15 min cook: 10 min (4-6 servings)


1. Wrap tortillas in foil and place into a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 mins.

2. Drain beans and then mash with enough water to give them a porridge like texture. (I threw mine in the blender for a few seconds. much faster and less grunt work)


3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chili powder and stir.


4. Add the bean mixture and simmer until thick.


5. Using oven mitts, remove warm tortillas from the oven.


6. Spread a little bean mixture on one end of the tortilla, add grated cheese, lettuce and salsa.


Roll up and serve with carrot, celery, green pepper, and cucumber slices.


Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment