Garlic Tomato Pasta: A lesson learned

This summer my Mother-in-Law sent us a nice little package. In it were some clothes for the kids and also a little Vegetarian cookbook for me. This was right after we had started our new eating foray and so thoughtfully she picked it up and sent it to me. 
 In it was a Pasta recipe that looked AMAZING in the photo and I finally, yesterday prepared it for our family. 

I learned a lesson; 
Don't this that old herbs and spices (and when I say old, I mean years old) will provide any flavor to a dish that needs those spices to make it taste fabulous. 

So, Our meal again turned out pretty bland. BUT, I'm positive that this would have been really good if I had of used fresh garlic (Which I usually always do because it is so tasty but of course I didn't have any last night). The Moral is this: If you decide to try this one out, make sure you have fresh ingredients. Lets hope I have learned that lesson now for good. 



Garlic Tomato Pasta

8 cups of Water  
2 cups of Whole-Wheat Penne Pasta  
(I used regular pasta because I cant stand the texture of Whole Wheat Pasta) 

2 tsp of Olive Oil 
1 whole sliced Red Onion
3 minced garlic cloves (or 3/4tsp of powder)
24 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup of Chopped fresh Parsley (or 2 TBSP of dried parsley flakes)
1 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp of Chili Paste (I couldn't find this at the grocery store I was in and so I used 1 tsp of hot sauce)

1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese

Measure your water into a large pot. Bring to boil on the stove. When the water reaches a rolling boil add pasta. Boil uncovered for about 15 minutes until pasta is tender but firm. drain and return to the same pot. 

Heat Olive Oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes stirring often until onion softened. 
Add next 4 ingredients. Heat and stir about 5 minutes until tomato is starting to soften. Add to pasta. Stir.

Sprinkle with cheese. Makes about 4 cups. (And should be so good that you can't stop eating)


Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment