Wraps: How many ways can you prepare them?

We like wraps. It is actually annoying because sometimes it feels like we are always eating wraps. Not that this si a bad thing but I like variety. 

Before Hazel was born Aaron was the cook at our house. It was fabulous. But...we were always eating pasta. I know, he clearly has some Italian heritage (with a last name like ours there is no doubt) but pasta everyday? Well, maybe not everyday but enough that I think by the time I took over the kitchen duties we were both ready for some variation. And what easier way then with wraps?

The first time I had a vegetarian wrap was at a friends house at lunch. She invited us to stay and have leftovers and the leftovers were warps. They were SO good! I asked her to send her recipe because it seemed so complicated and really, it was so easy. How do you make a delicious wrap? Let me tell you how I do it.

Easy and Delicious Wraps

The first thing you need to do is to choose what kind of 'grain' (I guess) you want in this wrap (Think Badass Jacks). Our two favorites are:

Rice
Vermicelli Noodles

Choose a variety of vegetables like...
1/2 an *Onion, chopped 
1 tsp of *Garlic, chopped
1/2 a Pepper
1/2 a cup of Mushrooms
1 thinly sliced Carrot
1/2 cup of frozen peas
(I think you guys are getting the idea)

 At this point you can add:

1/2 a package of Extra Firm Tofu. (I can't stand the texture of tofu but I know is value so I always cut mine into small bite sized pieces)
Beans (any kind)

Saute these veggies up until they are soft. Season your veggies how you want. They are delicious without anything, or try some:

Soy Sauce 
Spices
Peanut Sauce
or even some Salad Dressing, really, with whatever you have on hand.

the only picture I have from our wraps the other night. Notice the sunshine!

You are now done with the cooking part.
Want anything else on your wrap? We like to add to it like we would a taco:

Shredded Cheese
Lettuce
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Salsa
and sometimes
chickpeas

 Next, toss your tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds so they are warm; fill them the way you want to; wrap it all up (I like to wrap it so there are no open ends) and eat!

If you are feeding kids this will be fun for them because they can choose what they are eating. Extra Cheese for me please!

Click Here

2 comments:

  1. Liz some times I grate my tofu in our cooking....just an idea if you don't like the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Britt. I have some frozen that I may have to try that with

    ReplyDelete