What the Kale? Part 2

This is a second tribute to my previous post about "Rawsome Kale Salad" I have finally made it and again I have to drool a little even just posting about it. This salad is SOOOO good. 

What is Kale anyway? 
It is a variety of cabbage (not seaweed Aaron) and considered to be one of the most highly nutritious foods out there. Here is the link to Wikipedia; go read how good this veggie is for you.

So since I have already told you how good this salad was I thought that since I have now made it I'd post the recipe here too, with my thoughts and insights (the best part right?).



Rawsome Kale Salad (there's a hippie in my kitchen)


2 Bunches of organic Kale (Oops, I only bought 1)

1 Ripe Avacado
1/2 Red Onion Chopped
1 Apple Chopped
2 Tsp Minced Ginger
2 Tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Soy Sauce/Tamari/Braggs Liquid Aminos (I used Soy Sauce around here)
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews, roughly chopped

Ok, here is where I alter the directions a bit, just changing the order a little

In a  bowl, mix the ginger, garlic, oil, lemon and soy sauce together. Set aside. 
Make sure that all of your above ingredients are indeed chopped ahead of time. I didn't do this and was constantly 'loving up my salad' and then washing my hands. annoying.

To prepare Kale, wash well and use a pairing knife to cut the leaves away from the tough stem. This often leaves them in nicely sized pieces, but if they are larger than bite sized-feel free to take care of that. (make sure you use a large bowl for this salad because you will need the space for your lovin)

Cut your avocado and scoop the fruit(meat, green part, flesh, whatever you want to call it) into the bowl with your kale. 
At this point you want to love up your kale and avocado, and you're going to do this by giving the kale a nice deep tissue massage. Get your hands in there and make sure the avocado gets into all the nooks and crannies of the greens.  (You heard her; LOVE IT UP!)

Grab your premixed sauce and pour it in with your loved up salad, and love it up just a little bit more to coat everything. 
At this point, add all your other chopped ingredients. Mix and serve. Voila! Now you can sit back and let the compliment start a comin! (These are all Christina's words, aren't they fabulous?)


Click Here


No comments:

Post a Comment