Simple Scratch Pizza Dough

I like to cook, and bake, and eat yummy food (in case you didn't realize). I grew up being told that if I wanted something good to eat I would have to make it. So I did. Thank you Mom. (love you).

I learned how to make cowboy cookies, perfect grilled cheese (I was a kid so this counts as real food), texas sheet cake, grasshopper pie and other things too. I developed my sweet tooth early and became a snob for homemade. Which explains why when I decided to make pizza I make pizza - dough and all.  Here is the recipe I always use and it hasn't failed me yet!

Simple Scratch Pizza Dough

Mix: 
1/2 cup of Warm Water
1/2 tsp of Sugar
3 tsp of Instant Yeast

Add:
1 cup of Hot Water
1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1 tsp of Salt
Flour; enough to make a soft dough (about 3 1/2 cups)

That is it, knead this all together and voila! you are ready to roll it out and add the toppings a bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. 

*To make thick chewy crust: stretch dough to 1/2" thickness and let it rise slightly before baking.
*To make a thin, crisp crust: use cold dough, roll it to 1/4" and bake while the dough is still cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment