Things that make me smile :) and Super Moist Pumpkin Muffins

About 4 weeks ago my dear friend Tina told me that she had found mini silicone muffin liners. I was shocked and excited. I've been watching for some that weren't going to make me have to starve my family for a week because of the price and she wasn't even looking and found some. In Kingston. Shocking. Where did she find these wonderful liners? Home Sense. I would never have thought to look there. I love Home Sense but am too poor to let me self go in. 

I've known for 4 weeks that the liners were there but I haven't had a chance to get over and pick some up until Friday and even then it wasn't easy.


I spent this past week sick. And then just when I thought I was feeling better Aaron caught the bug. We spent the week laying around and feeding our kids junk because we were too sick to do or make anything. By Friday the fridge was empty, the pantry was raided (Thanks to Nigel who, at 2 is already eating everything) and it was clearly time to venture out of the house if we wanted to survive. 

I showered, dressed and by then was ready to crash. But then I remembered that my kids were starving so we grabbed jackets and my grocery list and headed out. We had about 5 places to go to with Home Sense being the last place on the list. When we finally got there Hazel was crying to go home and Nigel was crying to go in. I was tempted just to leave but I was  actually in the parking lot so we just went for it. 

I walked in, found someone who worked there and asked where the mini silicone muffin liners were and found out that they were cheaper than Tina thought! Dragging the kids in was worth it already. Well, there were 2 different brands and one was cheaper. They also only had 4 dozen left. Exactly what I wanted; 4 dozen liners would fill my 2 mini muffin pans. (I know that I technically can use them without the pans but in reality I need the pans. Don't ask me why, I just do)



So my trip was worth it. I am loving these adorable little liners, and I had to bake some muffins pronto:

Super Moist Pumpkin Muffins

1 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour (I should have used Whole Wheat)
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of Cinnamon (triple this, they need it)
1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
1/2 tsp of Ginger (I couldn't find my Nutmeg or Ginger so I used 1 tsp of All-Spice)
1/2 cup of Raisins (Omitted. I can't handle raisins where they don't belong. Which is everywhere except my moms Raisin Cookies)
1 Egg
1/4 cup of White Sugar
1/3 cup of Cooking Oil 
1 Cup of Canned Pumpkin (My can had almost 3 cups in it so I put the extra in a ziplock bag and it is in my freezer for later)
1/2 cup of Milk

Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until just moist. Lightly grease your muffin pans. or...


Fill muffins cups with batter 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


YUM! 
This recipe made 36 mini muffins. I have froze almost 2 dozen and the  rest we are enjoying right now.

p.s. The muffin liners at Home Sense cost $4.99/dozen for 1 brand and $6.99/dozen for the other. The woman who helped me said that they only randomly carry them and that Winners also has them occasionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment