Chickpeas and Pasta with Sizzling Sage and Garlic

I just got back from a fabulous trip to the grocery store (even though my kids were crazy). I love grocery shopping. I know of only one other person (Lindsay) who shares my love and today was especially rewarding and I will tell you why.

I have made a fabulous meal plan (3 new yummy looking recipes to try this coming week) and I had written all of the things I needed to pick up and I actually found all of them, and, I bought a lot of junk.

 Aaron is away for the weekend and for some reason I would catch myself thinking how I needed to buy the McCain Cake (that was only $1.99) because Aaron was gone. I know, there is no logic there but I came home with lots of forbidden (sort of) food. Salt and Vinegar Chips, McCain Cake, and the one I'm most excited about:

Presidents Choice Mini Peanut Butter Melts


I know that you have all had ice cream with mini peanut butter cups in it but these are tinier.


They were with the chocolate chips and although I know how great they would be in a cookie I'm planning on enjoying these tonight while in my comfiest sweatpants watching a chick flick (Leslie, where are you??)


Now, onto other things. Last week was a gong show for meals around here. I dropped the ball completely but am now feeling back on track. I have been saving posting this recipe because I forgot to take photos but it was really yummy easy and, well, sizzling.

We love Chickpeas. Hazel actually asks to take them in her lunch for a snack. What a mean mom I am, teaching my kid to whine about when she gets to eat chickpeas. She should be asking about cookies or cup cakes. Oh well. But this always works in my favor because if I make a recipe with chickpeas I am usually confident that it will be well received.


Chickpeas and Pasta with Sizzling Sage and Garlic


1 large diced Onion
4 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 tsp of freshly ground pepper (I used regular pepper, nothing fancy)
1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
1 can of Chickpeas, rinsed
8 oz of large pasta (farfalle anyone?)
2 large cloves of Garlic
3 tbsp of chopped, fresh Sage

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Fry the onions in 2 tbsp of olive oil stirring frequently, especially towards to end. Season with salt, pepper and the pepper flakes. Add the chickpeas and turn the heat to low.

Meanwhile,  boil the pasta in salted water until al dente then add it to the chickpeas. 

Heat the remaining oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add the garlic and sage and fry for 20 seconds. Pour over pasta and chickpeas. Serve.

This was really good. Impressive even. Feel free to serve as a side dish or even as your main event! It looks pretty and smells heavenly. 


Nigel checking out the dinosaurs as a treat for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment