Smoky Peppers on the BBQ



I love peppers. They are so delicious and crunchy and good. So good. And this recipe made them taste AMAZING.
My brother and his fiancée came to stay one night last week and we had a blast. We drove them around and showed them our new city and where Aaron works, played some intense Cranium and ate an awesome meal (yup, I'm talking about the one I prepared).
It was so fun for us to have our first visitors come and stay and I had been wanting to try this recipe out so I thought that it would be appropriate to make it for them. They loved it. Or they said they did. Either way Aaron and I loved it and it was even so good the next day as left overs.
The only problem? I forgot to take any pictures. I know, I know but at least I'm starting to get back on the blogging and eating real food wagon.
This recipe was fast, easy and good. A perfect side to any dish or good on lots of things - rice, pasta, tofu (we may have eaten in on chicken).
So although I am photo challenged try this recipe because I said so.

Smoky Peppers

  • 3 peppers, preferably 1 red, 1 yellow & 1 orange (pretty)
  • 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
  • 2 tbsp (30 mL) red-wine vinegar (I didn't have this so I just skipped it. It wasn't missed)
  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey or granulated sugar (I used a squirt of Honey Dijon mustard)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 plum tomatoes
Turn on your bbq to medium. While it is heating up slice your peppers in half and core. Lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. (make sure you don't skip the salt, it is what makes the peppers so flavourful and juicy)

Place peppers on the bbq and close lid. Let the peppers cook for approx 6 min. on each side.

While your peppers are cooking find a large bowl and whisk 3 Tbsp of olive oil with vinegar (If you have it), honey, garlic and 1 tsp of thyme. Coarsely chop your tomatoes and stir in.

When your peppers are done, coarsly chop and add to the above. Serve as a side or over anything you want!
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment