I'm Back!

I'm Back!!

ok, so I'm back, but I want you all to know that as of right now I'm completely useless on the recipe front. So why am I back? Well...

I tried! I really did!

We have been in our new house for just over 2 weeks now. In those couple of weeks I have jumped full swing back into real life. I have been meal planning and so I'm sure that you think that that would mean I would have a delicious summer vegetarian recipe to post. But,

I lost it.

Seriously. I made this meal last week. It was so so yummy. It has tons of veggies and pasta and cheese and goodness. But I can't find the recipe ANYWHERE. I don't have a clue where it came from at all. I'm sorry.

Wanna see a picture at least?




So, what else have I been up to? Playing, decorating, organizing and also buying so amazing local honey.

I've been looking for some local honey since I found out where we were going to be living. My spring allergies have gotten worse and worse every year and so I'm on my way to fighting back, starting with honey. Because bees collect pollen from local plants and flowers; local honey contains local pollens. My plan is to eat a tsp of honey at least a day and in a couple of months also add straight local pollen to my daily snacks in order to build up an immunity for the plants that normally cause me so much sniffling, sneezing and grumpiness in the spring. Hopefully I can get my immunities strong enough that this spring I will be allergy free. Or at least not living on allergy meds.

Where did I get this local honey? Nixon Honey Farm

These beekeepers were some of the nicest people I have met ever. They have 7000 hives and run quite the production. They are also having a sale of sorts for the month of August:

Bring any container you want to the farm and fill it for $2.5o/lbs.


The honey that came of out the tap at the farm was beautiful and gold. My kids have been eating it by the spoonful. It is sweet and delicious and pretty to look at.



So, if you are looking for local honey, or honey at (great food storage people) head out to the Nixon Farm and when you get back I'll finally be ready to share some food ideas with you.

1 comment: