Avocado, on anything

I remember being a kid and watching my dad cut open an avacado, scoop the flesh into a bowl, add some salt and pepper and spread it on toast. I would get nauseous just watching. Well not really but I thought that it was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen. My parents tried to get me over and over to just try it, reassuring me that it was delicious but I just could never make myself try it. I mean, who eats green fruit? (At the time I didn't notice that my favorite fruits were the coveted green apples and also kiwi that my mom didn't often buy)  

I'm not sure when I finally got the guts to try eating an avocado. I know it was well into my adult years and now I can't figure out what I was so chicken about. I LOVE avocado now. Love it. On any and everything. 

How do you like to eat avocado?

(added last minute to black bean quesadillas)

No comments:

Post a Comment