Vegetarian Tortellini Bake

Where have you all been???

Okay, maybe I disappeared for a little while, but I'm back. I've had my mother-in-law here spoiling us rotten and   to be honest I really haven't done much cooking lately. Though lucky for you I did do some before she arrived and I have three fabulous recipes to share with all of you!!!!

Pasta is so fabulous. 
I don't really understand how some people choose not to eat pasta. I don't know how she has the will power to even try not to eat pasta. I don't eat pasta every day but when I do it is always a favorite. Its warm, and filling and wonderful. And so is this recipe.

When I tasted this recipe I immediately thought of Becky. Becky this recipe is for you. Your family will LOVE this one. 

Vegetarian Tortellini Bake
(taken from the Canadian Living Website)

1 cup of Sour Cream
3 cups of Vegetable Stock
1/3 cup of all-purpose Flour
2 tsp of Olive Oil
2 Onions, sliced
3 cups of sliced Mushrooms
1/2 tsp of dried Dill weed (I didn't have this  so I skipped it but I wish I had of used it, it would have been SOOO good)
1/4 tsp of Pepper
1 lb of frozen Cheese Tortellini
2 cups of Broccoli florets
1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of Bread Crumb


In bowl, stir together sour cream, 1/2 cup of the stock and 2 tbsp of the flour. Set aside. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onions and mushrooms, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned. (mmm; it smells so good already)
Sprinkle onion mixture with remaining flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add remaining stock, dill and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream mixture; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini for 10 minutes. Add broccoli florets; cook for 2 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and return to pot. Toss with sauce and transfer to 8-cup shallow casserole or 8-inch square baking dish. Stir cheese with bread crumbs; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve with some crispy, light salad and enjoy!

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment